Tuesday 29 May 2012

So today, my TD10 wings it's way back to Amazon for a refund - Sony wanted me to pay for a repair as the camera came from Amazons "Warehouse Deals" section and was described by Sony as "second hand" therefore falling under the Amazon Warranty. I will in fact buy another unit from them, as right now the TD10 is even cheaper! 
This really is surprisingly good customer service from Amazon, no quibble at all, I simply asked them how to proceed with my warranty with them, and they said send it back for a refund! They added " It doesn't need to be shipped in its original box!"
I'll let you know how this proceeds....
Shock - Amazon received my camera in one day, free collection service and have refunded my account - what excellent service - now to buy a new one - I'm not going for the TD20 - too expensive for a domestic item - so today I ordered a new TD10 from Amazon - it "should" be OK, but at least it is "new" and is therefore covered by Sony's full guarantee.

No comments:

Post a Comment